If you still don’t know me, my life is not complete without watching TV Series. Quick background, I started being addicted to TV Series when my mom decided to hook us up in an internet subscription, and I just discovered the power of pirated DVDs.
Anyways, with so many series I watch in my life, I learn most of the useless stuff I know now (useful in Org-sponsored Quiz Bees) from these shows. What have I learned from the shows?
- Parts of the American Constitution (from The Good Wife) – I know the First Amendment (about Religion as opposed to making Law) and I can plead the Fifth by heart which I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. I somewhat know the jury system too.
- American Politics (from Saturday Night Live) – Michael Bloomberg is the mayor of New York City. Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachman, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich etc. are vying for the position to be the Republican representative in the 2012 Elections. Vs Obama of course. Sarah Palin and Chris Christie backed out already.
- Chemistry (from Breaking Bad) – for starters, what we call “shabu” here in the Philippines, is Crystal Methampethamine. Go figure. And about Chirality, where two compounds are mirror images of each other. And termites can melt steel fast.
- Star Trek (from The Big Bang Theory) – The films directed by William Shatner are bad. But he is hot when he was young. And the vulcan salute.
- 1960’s history (from Mad Men) – how John F. Kennedy died, and Marilyn Monroe. Korean War.
- Captains of boats can preside a wedding (from How I Met Your Mother)
- Who is Keyser Soze (from Cougar Town) – by Andy Torres
- Lots of things (from Community) – Pulp Fiction, My Dinner with Andre, How to play Dungeons and Dragons, Spanish
- World Geography (from TAR) – capital of Burkina Faso is Ouagadougou
- Cooking terms (from Top Chef) – Liquid Nitrogen, Couscous
- Basic Surgery (from Grey’s Anatomy)